Monday, September 10, 2007

St Luke "Community" United Methodist Church

If you are looking for a good church home, I recommend St. Luke "Community" United Methodist Church. For over 20 years I have called St Luke my church home, and I have been blessed to go from Rev. Zan Wesley Homes to Rev. Tyrone Gordon as the senior pastors. At St Luke we are taught to seek to create sacred spaces wherein individuals can come to have a deeper experience of God and to be transformed. We believe that such an experience will assist us in living an increasingly holy life, that is, a life that is characterized by love of God and neighbor.

Recently I found myself in a difficult situation, but the church never wavered. The church members and Pastor Gordon surrounded me with prayer and love. My church family is part of the reason that I can dislike the situation, but remember that God is in the blessing business.

Visit us on any Sunday at 5710 East R.L. Thornton Freeway (Winslow exit)
or call 214/821-2970

SEE YOU AT THE LUKE

No comments: