Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mayor's Party at Perot pad

Thank you James Ragland for getting it. Some people do not understand that we are suppose to have "Open Government". Maybe the like of understanding is the limited involvement in the community and being appointed or serving on boards and commissions. It is easy to say that there was nothing to the meeting, but one should understand that Perot Jr. will be coming back again asking for taxpayers money and what will the mayor say when Perot Jr. says " I worked with you, so now you should work with me." As we all know, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

I do not believe calling it a Christmas party removed the responsibilities of the council persons or the mayor, and they did not leave their titles or duties behind for the event. You are an elected official 24/7.

Some people need to get more experience under their belts before thinking that they have all of the answers. When I was younger, I use to think that I had all the answers and could not understand why some of the older people would act the way that they did. I now know that it comes from experience.

Government should be transparent, and the "Christmas party" at Perot Jr's condominium that was closed to the media was not transparent.

No comments: