Friday, December 7, 2007

I am a Christian by Maya Angelou

"A woman ' s heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find he r. "

When I say... "I am a Christian" I ' m not shouting "I ' m clean livin ' "
I ' m whispering "I was lost, Now I ' m found and forgiven."

When I say... "I am a Christian" I don ' t speak of this with pride.
I ' m confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I ' m not trying to be strong.
I ' m professing that I ' m weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I ' m not bragging of success.
I ' m admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I ' m not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian" I ' m not holier than thou,
I ' m just a simple sinner Who received God ' s good grace, somehow!

May God continue bless you so abundantly that you look for others to bless as well...

No comments: