Friday, October 26, 2007

DART Board Chairman

I spent 5 long years working to be the Chairman of the DART Board, and it is known that the members of the DART Board were ready to make me the chairman if I returned to the Board. My ouster was lead by Dwaine Caraway, Tennell Adkins,Willis Johnson and Mayor Tom Leppert. They all wanted to take me off so that Lynn Flint Shaw could run for Chairman.

Lynn Flint Shaw won the Chairmanship by a 9 to 6 vote. It is well known that the day of the election Mayor Tom Leppert made calls and lobbied for her( Rufus Shaw's Blog). It has been said that some of the Dallas DART board members did not appreciate the lobbying.

My question is, if she was the best person, then why would anybody have to lobby? If she was the best, her fellow DART Board members should have overwhelmingly voted for her without any intervention. That is the way that it has worked in the past.

Time will tell if she was the best selection.

No comments: