Monday, February 16, 2009

DR. LEW BLACKBURN WOULD LIKE TO RE-ESTABLISH THE DISTRICT 5 CITIZENS ADVISORY COUNCIL

Dallas ISD Schol Board Trustee, Dr. Lew Blackburn is now wanting to re-establish the District 5 Citizens Advisory Council, "Often, I ask constituents to advise me on issues affecting Dallas ISD. Many times, the advice I receive shapes my views on issues coming before the Board of Trustees. I appreciate their involvement. I have decided to reform my District 5 Citizens Advisory Council. The council will be composed of citizens of District 5, with three sub councils; Oak Cliff, West Dallas, and Wilmer-Hutchins. We will meet at least quarterly, and more often as the need arises. If you are interested in joining the District 5 Advisory Council, contact me via email with the following information: name, address, phone, and email address. I look forward to hearing from you.

I wonder what advise has he taken? In the meetings that I have attended only Trustee Carla Ranger seems to be listening to the people. Did the citizens advise him to extend his term one year, go light on Hinojosa after the budget deficit, change the board policy so it would take more than one Trustee to call for a separate vote, on consent agenda items, to vote for laying off teachers or to sit quietly while test scores for African American at all levels are the lowest for any group in the district.

Through the years, I have supported Dr. Blackburn, but it is now time for new Trustees.

No comments: