Thursday, April 17, 2008
Dallas Independent School District (DISD) 2008 Bond
While we are contemplating the question of voting Yes or No on the May 10, 2008 Bond Election, we should be asking ourselves very tough questions about the way our taxes are continuing to rise supporting Bond Programs for all public agencies and specifically DISD.
For DISD there are still many questions that are unanswered:
1. Why is the school district not maximizing the the use of the buildings they currently have? There are several schools that are underutilized.
2. As of this date the financial audit report has not been completed.
3, No full accounting of the 2002 bond expenditures or project c completions to the public. This bond was also 1.3 billion.
4. The attempt to educate or inform the public about the elements of the proposed bond have been Less than acceptable.
5. There are continuing report of ineffective management of internal financial systems.
6. The report that there is a shortage of 52 million dollar in the budget for teachers salaries.
7. The cost of education continues to rise for the taxpayers with little improvement in student performance. Remember a national report shows the DISD with a 44% graduation rate.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE. LIVES WERE LOST FOR YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.